When planning your wedding, one of the first things you do is create an aesthetic in your mind about how you want your wedding to feel. Do you want it to be trendy? Timeless? Romantic? Fun? One of the more popular trends in recent years is scaling back on your decor and simplifying your to-do list by adopting a minimalist style for your wedding day. Less really can be more if you are intentional about what you include and what gets your attention leading up to your big day.
Wedding planning can seem overwhelming, but deconstructing what you feel you must do and being mindful about what you and your partner really want out of your wedding day can help guide you as you plan. It is YOUR wedding after all.
There are several routes you can take with a minimalist style and you can even mix and match from different areas to achieve the style that feels right for you. Here are a few examples of how you can incorporate minimalist themes into your wedding:
- Romantic Minimalism is often a soft color palette with ethereal linens and elegant calligraphy.
- Modern Minimalism can be achieved by playing up shapes and geometry with touches of marble or metallic.
- Organic Minimalism uses lush greenery, flower crowns, potted plants, and neutrals.
- Industrial Minimalism is where urban meets rustic with exposed brick walls, high ceilings, and large windows.
When planning a minimalist wedding, think natural and neutral, black and white, single stem bouquets, acrylic signs, etc. Need some minimalist inspiration? Check out some of these Pinterest boards:
- Minimalist Wedding
- Organic | Minimalist Wedding Ideas
- Modern & Minimalist Wedding Ideas
- Romantic Minimalist Wedding Ideas
- Industrial Wedding Ideas
Why should you adopt a minimalist design for your wedding day? One of the perks is that it can be more cost effective when you scale back on decorations and details. Another perk for minimalist designs is that it can help create a timeless and classic aesthetic for your wedding photos.
Are you sold on the minimalist wedding aesthetic? Well, we have JUST the venue for you! Vue Columbus’ industrial building has high ceilings, large windows, a room full of greenery, a soft linen backdrop, and a neutral style to complement any color palette.
We would be honored to be a part of your special day. Contact us today to tour our venue and/or book your wedding!